Lemon oil smells citrusy, sharp, and kinda sweet. It works primarily with the digestive, immune, and respiratory systems…helping the body to function properly. When you take in the scent of lemon, it is invigorating and tends to wake you up! It is one of the most popular essential oils for good reason…it has a TON of different uses.
- Cleanses and purifies the air and surfaces
- Naturally cleanses the body and aids in digestion
- Supports healthy respiratory function
- Promotes a positive mood and cognitive ability
Emotionally and spiritually, lemon essential oil promotes focus and clarity. It uplifts, awakens, clears the mind, and helps with focusing. It helps to overcome confusion or doubt, fatigue, overwhelm, and lack of enthusiasm. This is a great oil for pulling you…or a loved one…out of a bad mood or slump.
How I Use Lemon Every Day
Lemon is the oil I go through more quickly than any other. I use it every day:
- A couple drops of lemon go into every glass of water I drink. Lemon not only TASTES wonderful, but it is also wonderfully supportive of the digestive system. It keeps things moving (if you know what I mean). If you aren’t a fan of lemon, you can substitute Wild Orange or Grapefruit for a similar effect.
- When I am mopping the floor, I add a few drops of lemon onto my mop. It pulls up anything sticky on the floor, cleans wonderfully, and leaves an amazing scent!
- I add lemon to a spray bottle of water to clean tables, countertops, and other surfaces.
- Lemon oil makes a great furniture polish; simply add a few drops to olive oil to clean, protect, and shine wood finishes.
- Removes grease off of your hands easily.
- Removes stickers or sticky residue off of objects.